Monday, April 20, 2009

Chiller Theatre

Chiller was great! Here are some of the highlights of my weekend:
  • Got to hang out with Dame Judith and that alone is worth a trip anywhere.

  • I was set up next to Joe Pilato and suffered irreversible hearing loss.

  • Got some great hugs from Eugene Clark.

  • Shook Mickey Dolenz's hand! (Hey, hey, I'm a geek!)

  • Saw Tony Curtis and Tippi Hedren in the flesh!

  • Finally met John Amplas. Nice guy.

  • Was interviewed by Roy Frumkes for a revision of Document of the Dead.

  • Had dinner with Dave Baumuller, Ted Bohus, John and Peg Skerchock and company. They are endlessly entertaining and I adore them all. I wish we didn't live so far apart.

  • Creighton gave me a new Ghoul A Go-Go DVD and stickers!

  • Patted a chubby bulldog. I love seeing dogs in unexpected places.

  • Was awakened at 3am Sunday by someone pounding on all the doors on my floor, looking for Wendy. If I were Wendy, I'd hide, too.

It was nice meeting new fans and reconnecting with old friends. As much fun as I had, my heart sings loudest and longest when I see my pups and kitty again. It's always good to get back home.

I see that we now have some minions on our blog. Minions are nice.
Please note: Good minions mow the lawn and do windows.

Love to all,
K-Dame

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a good time (other than the nut knocking on the doors at 3am - maybe it was some drunk that was just hungry and looking for a Wendy's).

    I've never been to the Chiller show, but hope to make it out there one of these years.


    I wasn't aware that Roy Frumkes was doing a revised version of the Document of the Dead. Definitely sounds like something to look forward to.

    I met Mickey Dolenz years back, he was really cool. I remember getting in line at a car show one time to have my picture taken next to a cardboard cutout of the Monkees, next to a Monkeemobile replica! How's that for geekdom?

    ReplyDelete